Next Wycombe Lotto draw on Sat 22 June at 8PM
The draw is in 4 days 21 hours 17 minutes!
Wycombe Youth Action has been serving the young people of Wycombe, delivering high quality youth support services for nearly 35 years. We are proud of our track record and committed to building on it over the coming years to support young people make successful transitions to adulthood.
Our mission is to empower young people to build hopes, aspirations and the skills that they need to succeed in adulthood.
We do this for a diverse range of young people by supporting them in creating and achieving their own goals so that they grow in confidence and resilience, become less isolated and are less vulnerable to exploitation Wecelebrate and facilitate creativity and learning through a range of innovative projects such as Blink FM, street dance, urban art, volunteering, mentoring and more.
The activities we offer include:
• A careers advice and support weekly drop-in with monthly workshops such as mock interviews or CV writing sessions. Broader advice and 1 to 1 mentoring is available during this time to young people referred by partners or who self-refer, to tackle a wider topics (e.g. around home life, bullying, mental health and criminal activity).
• A weekly evening youth work session in the centre of High Wycombe involving music, games consoles and group mentoring.
• Work with young people to develop their confidence and skills through accredited learning in vocational topics such as customer service, writing a CV, or project planning.
• Creative and engaging projects such as Street Dance, Blink FM Radio, Street Art and Young Roots which foster creativity, and help to increase young people’s confidence
• Projects that empower young people by involving them in decision making and youth voice to enable them to have their say in the community, such as the Youth Independent Advisory Group and the Wycombe Youth Forum
• Volunteering opportunities that provide young people with the ability to develop skills, have fun, and give back to the community
We support over 500 young people each year and aim to:
• be the place they go for support, career advice, volunteering, and fun, creative projects;
• be youth-led, developing young Trustees and the Wycombe Youth Forum;
• develop an active and engaged Youth Action team of young people to take part in community volunteering and social action projects; and
• be the trusted youth partner for local statutory and voluntary agencies, through partnerships and a multi-agency approach to ensure joined-up working that focuses on the needs of young people.
Following dramatic cuts in statutory sector funding for youth services and careers advice we have refocussed our services and the scale of our offer. This includes delivering mentoring projects in schools and with other partners, paid for by the school/partner. This approach maintains our focus on prevention and has led to the development of new expertise for WYA includingsupport for young people at risk of exploitation, radicalisation or getting involved with gangs.
Over the next few years we aim to extend our reach into more communities across Wycombe District to ensure that at least 40% of young people in the District know about Wycombe Youth Action and how to access our services.
Mrs H supported The Woodland Pre-School with 2 tickets
6 days ago
Mr H supported The Thomas Ball Children's Cancer Fund with 1 ticket
7 days ago
Miss G supported National Autistic Society South Buckinghamshire with 1 ticket
8 days ago
Mrs P supported Friends of Hamilton with 1 ticket
10 days ago
Mrs P supported National Autistic Society South Buckinghamshire with 1 ticket
15 days ago
Mr F supported Hilltop Community Centre (WMCO) with 1 ticket
16 days ago
Feel great knowing 60% of ticket sales will go to good causes - 50% to your chosen cause and 10% to other causes in Wycombe District.
That's right, unlike many other lotteries Wycombe Lotto tickets are only £1 per week
Each ticket has a 1 in 50 chance to win with a top prize of £25,000!